The gardens are composed of a regular decorative garden and a romantic park, surrounding the castle, an old feudal residence transformed between 1563 and 1573 into a small Renaissance setting. They have been owned by the state since 1963.
The regular garden assumes the shape of a square surrounded by an avenue of lime trees pruned in a way which brings shade and freshness in summer. The romantic park recreates the landscape. It is made up of a hill covered with local plant species and a sunny landscape, welcoming rare species.
In January 2014, various varieties of pear, apple and plum trees were planted in a reserved area of the park, in order to protect these ancient and local species.
In due course, this conservatory orchard will be completed by a square of simple grouping aromatic and medicinal plants.